Flash news that impressed me this month:
1. FluidHTML - "a very powerful markup language that you can use to build most anything. Our intepreter reads instructions from the markup and sends instructions to Flash plugin." So, you can create Rich Internet Applications as easy as write a page in HTML. Very tempting, isn't it? One more benefit is that the problem "how to SEO Flash" can become the past with FluidHTML, because the new markup language will be searchable and indexable by search engines. The project is in private beta now, and I'm eagerly waiting for open beta to try this promising technology.
2. Adobe Labs Ideas for Flash Catalyst launched - "This initial launch of Adobe Labs Ideas allows Adobe Flash Catalyst users to vote on feature requests and share new ideas with the development team and user community".
3. Flash Websites Gallery - do you need ideas or inspiration for creating your new website. Or maybe you simply like to discover new interesting websites? Koflash.com Flash websites gallery is a nice place for both gaining inspiration and for satisfying curiosity.
4. 28 Interesting Flash Preloaders - "I am going to show some Interesting flash sites which will never bored you in the loading time; in fact, the loading time of these sites will amuse you".
5. Sonoflash Audio Flash Components - interesting Flash audio technology. "Unlike all other Audio Flash Components that still use mp3’s the Sonoflash AS3 algorithm allows developers to embed fully interactive sounds that generate real time sound in direct response to any movement by a user. ... The sounds available at Sonoflash are typically one tenth of the size of an equivalent mp3 file".
Happy discovering to you :)
Flash news that impressed me this month:
The name says it all - today I want to review a nice freeware app for converting video files (AVI, MPEG, MP4, WMV, MOV, 3GP, DVR-MS) into Flash video (SWF and FLV formats).
Although you can google for lots of "freeware video to flash converters", after trying them out you'll see that good converters are not actually free, free ones aren't good. Free Video to Flash Converter is a rare combination of a really good conversion quality and zero price. This tool is sponsored by Ask.com and the only hassle you have with it is checking off two boxes if you don't want to make Ask.com your default search provider and a home page. It also installs Ask toolbar to you browser, but it can be easily uninstalled (if you don't know how to do that, check Help menu of the program).
Free Video to Flash Converter allows easy batch converting of video files. Select input file(s), set output folder, needed output format and video quality, click convert and get your flash file(s). That's it.
- you can trim video file to convert the desired part only
- you can set custom output name
- you can use custom conversion presets and set custom width and height, video bitrate, frame rate, sample rate, audio bitrate, select mono or stereo sound and save your custom settings for further use
- 12 available interface languages
How to create whatever Windows screensaver you want easily, quickly and even... free? Take any flash video, animation, slideshow or whatever flash (.swf) file and convert it into screensaver installator with the InstantStorm tool. Instant Storm is extremely easy to use. If you are a newbie, New Project Wizard will guide you through the steps of screensaver creation. Still, the program interface is so intuitive that the Wizard is not needed.
All you have to do to create flash screensaver is to select a source swf file, and adjust screensaver and installer options. What's great: while the installer is fully customizable, you can keep it default and still get great result. In any case, that's no need to be an advanced user to customize anything, because customizations is as easy as editing text.
The result .exe installer allows you not only to use the screensaver on your PC, but share it, install to multiple computers, offer for download from your website, etc.
- result screensavers haven't nag screens, ads, etc. as it's typical for most freebies
- all text and images can be changed, that means you can simply translate installer to your language
- installer icon customization
- InstantStorms allows uploading additional files required by your flash movie
- intuitive interface
- screensaver preview and settings dialog preview (without compiling files)
- the last but not the least - the program is absolutely free for both personal and commercial use.